If you love dressing up, swinging to jazz music and picnicking outdoors, the 7th annual Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island is the place to be. The event is hosted by the Dream Land Orchestra and was selected by the New York Times as one of the most memorable events of 2011.
The party will take place on Saturday and Sunday, August 18th-19th. Guests can take dance lessons, shop for vintage clothing and accessories, picnic on the lawns, admire 1920's motor car exhibit, and enjoy the sounds of live jazz music, as well as authentic records playing on antique phonographs. I don't know about you, but to me, this sounds like a dreamy way to spend the weekend.
Discounted VIP tickets to this event can be purchased at GILT CITY .
- VIP admission to the 7th Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island
- Dedicated, separate VIP line for admission
- Five cocktails or beers
- Three-course picnic lunch
- Dance lessons taught by Roddy Caravella at 11 AM
- $25 gift certificate to Worth hat shop
Hmm, that dress looks familiar.
One stylish couple.
Images via NewYork.Metromix.com