Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cold Weather Lovelies

It seems, the content of my last post has offended some Anthropologie fans. In case someone might have missed this fact while reading my blog, I adore Anthropologie. When Anthropologie impresses (which is quite often), I'm the first to gush about it. However I am not blind to the fact that sometimes, occasionally Anthropologie may skip a few beats and I'm here to state my humble opinion (by no means a fact) regarding the misses as well as the hits. Because Anthropologie is such a unique store, I have high expectations of it. Although Anthropologie is my first choice for buying clothes, it is not almighty and powerful and I don't have to worship everything that comes out of it. That said, here are some new, cold weather lovelies that I'm eying and to be fair, some of these did appear in the October catalog.
Kittiwake cardigan
Boiled wool is perfect for keeping away the frost and this cardigan
is not only functional but so classy and feminine.
Oration Blazer
I could never resist velvet blazers and I love this color!

Long Flight Home Coat
Labyrinth Gloves

Today was a chilly day in NYC. We went to Central park and the kids actually inquired why I didn't bring along their mittens. Now, I don't think it was quite mitten weather yet, but we seemed to be heading in that direction faster than I'd like. Got me thinking about how cozy it would be to warm up my hands in these delicious gloves.

3 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i am so with you! anthropologie is typically right on, but every once and a while, it's depressing to see the lack of options. this fall, they've hit the nail right on the head! great picks :)

Elaine said...

I agree with you. Some of those outfits in the prior post were downright ugly. I do, however, absolutely love the gloves in your current post.

Donna said...

uckkkkkkk...boiled wool

looks exactly like that too, unfortunately

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails