Thursday, July 26, 2012

Amina Blouse Review

Lately I've become very attracted to the color yellow. I have a closet overflowing with various shades of aqua, and yellow feels like just the perfect antidote. It's like craving salty food after an overdose of sweets.
The Amina Blouse is a pleasant, sunny shade of yellow that can go with so many different colors. I like all the cute design details on it, like the rounded collar, the buttons an the texture of the cotton fabric. Unfortunately, no matter how much I wanted to love this blouse, the fit was all off on me. While the top portion of the blouse is well tailored, the waist is actually  higher than it appears in the picture. It ended right under my chest, with the bottom portion of the blouse flaring out in a maternity-like style. If you're a stick figure, perhaps wearing a maternity style top wont incriminate you, but if you have some curves and a bit of a belly, people will wonder.

Now I'm feeling grouchy, since I ordered a couple of other items along with this top, which I had high hopes for, but for various fit and quality reasons they are all going back. I'm out of $13.95 shipping fee for no good reason. I think I'm gonna make it a policy to order stuff only when I can get free shipping. So, so fed up with the high fees! Especially now, that they've cheapened out on the packaging (read Roxy's post). 
I actually complained to someone in customer service about the lack of flat rate shipping and the best answer she could come up with was "Well, many of our customers don't mind the shipping fees". Uhhuh. I would love to hear from an Anthro  customer who feels that ordering from Anthropologie is such a privilege, that the obscene shipping fees don't bother them. Perhaps Anthropologie should at least consider some sort of "frequent flyer" program for their most loyal customers. Place three orders withing some reasonable time span, the fourth ships free. Seriously, they should be paying me for all the advice I dispense.  
And don't even get me started on international shipping! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails