Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Brooklyn Residents - Rejoice!

If like me, you reside in Brooklyn, and have to take mass transit, packed in like sardines, to the isle of Manhattan in order to enjoy the sweet sweet Anthropologie store experience, you can do a happy dance! Anthropologie has plans to open a location in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Williamsburg. No opening date as of yet, but Anthropologie is currently negotiating for a 10,000-square-foot space at 242 Bedford Ave, between North Third and North Fourth Streets. Meanwhile, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie's sister store, already has a location in Brooklyn at 166 Atlantic Ave and is due to open another store at 102 North Sixth Street, between Berry and Wythe Streets. With five Anthropologie locations in NYC, I'm so glad that, Brooklyn has been finally placed on the map! 

Though Williamsburg is still a train ride away from where I live, it's the difference of spending 20 minutes on the train vs one hour it takes me to commute to Manhattan. Plus I can actually drive there, something I would not undertake when going to Manhattan because of the insane traffic and expensive parking. Definitely an improvement! I'm sure it would take a year at the very least till the Brooklyn Anthropologie opens its doors, but I look forward to it with much anticipation. 



Pictures were taken at 5th Ave & 16th St Anthropologie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails